Colonial’s first steps to become a community took place in 2001, when Pulte Homes began developing the site for a Master Planned Community. Swampland became streets, golf course and community center. Homes sold very quickly as they became available, and the final homesite was completed in 2006.
The par-72 Championship Golf Course, designed by Gordon Lewis, opened in early 2003. The Clubhouse and restaurant opened its doors in late 2005 to excellent member reviews.
In 2014 the Master Board approved a large renovation of the Clubhouse, enhancing the overall look and capabilities. In 2015 an exterior, open-air patio area was added to the clubhouse to enhance member events, weddings and casual dining.
Colonial’s racquet culture is vibrant, with 8 Har-Tru courts kept in peak shape by our longtime Head Tennis Professional Jeff Timmer. To complement the tennis offerings, Colonial added 4 Pickleball courts to our activity offerings in 2015. These courts were so popular that 4 additional courts debuted in 2017, bringing our total to 8 pickelball courts.
Colonial added 2 Bocce Courts in 2016, which were an instant member favorite. Members enjoy bocce as a social activity and for league play (men’s, women’s, mixed). Another 2016 enhancement was a major upgrade to the driving range cart park area, converting the space from a concrete deck to pavers.
Fitness, aquatics and social activities are also an important part of living the Colonial lifestyle. The fitness center embodies rejuvenation and healthy living, with the pool and sundeck offering tranquility and relaxation. Members also enjoy walking and viewing wildlife in our Preserve which includes a network of walking paths and sitting areas allows members to enjoy both the Fitness and relaxation opportunities that the Preserve provides. In 2016 we completed an extensive renovation of one of our 2 Community Pools. Colonial is committed to having the latest state of the art exercise equipment for member use, while also providing a evolving number of hosted social and wellness events for our members.
Recently, Colonial has continued its trend of enhancing member amenities. Highlights include:
- interior lobby renovations at the Community and Fitness Center; exterior landscaping improvements at the Community Center;
- a retrofit in every Colonial residence to our new cable contract --we now enjoy high speed wi-fi internet along with a state of the art entertainment package;
- a complete revamping of our club website to add interest and greater flexibility and navigation for Member use;
- our golf course was substantially improved by significant projects to upgrade lateral hazard/waste areas;
- a new fleet of upgraded golf carts to include (for the first time) shot distance video and GPS technology
- a geothermal system was installed for pool temperature control, allowing long-term cost savings by eliminating propane as a heating source
This year, Colonial will again be undertaking (pending a member vote in April) improvements and projects to maintain our Vision and Master Plan, with particular emphasis on expanding the main clubhouse dining, bar and kitchen amenities. This will enhance every property’s value, and every resident’s reliability.
Colonial is currently undertaking a Strategic planning process towards Facility and Amenity enhancements to our club this year. In keeping with our overall vision and mission our Members are kept well informed, and encouraged on projects such as this to read the variety of electronic communications and also attend the live communications that the club utilizes.